I love waking up on a Saturday morning feeling optimistic and looking forward to the match. I know a lot of that has to do with not looking at the comments on this site, engaging on Twitter or following any Facebook groups, but it's still nice and I feel better for it.
And who would have thought that staying away from social media would have a positive impact and be good for you?
But enough about that, you don't need me getting an opinion on that. it's football today and we're the late kick off and that means a bet and a big breakfast.
Bet of the day
So, first things first, it's the bet. I've not had a bet in a while as I've been putting money into these cryptocurrencies for the past few months and while I got to it late, it's been very good. Today, I'm taking a little bit of what I've made and I'm putting it on us, Chelsea and Spurs to win. And that's a bet.
It's a nice return, mostly because of us but I've just got a good feeling. Forest are going to be buzzing after the Arsenal match but it's going to be very hard for them to continue that. You might even say it's to our advantage.
And what it comes down to today is doing the simple things and doing them right. We're starting to get more players back, even if they're not going to all be available today and when things start to tick over week after week, we're going to see the results coming in.
Forest have a new manager and he's one with experience, so it's going to be interesting to see the impact he makes. He did take over the day after Forest spanked Arsenal in the Cup but it's also fair to say that the Forest players were aware of his arrival. Were they playing for him?
But like I said, it's about doing the simple things right and hopefully our quality should shine through. Hopefully. And actually, I'm putting money on it, so it better.
Forest press conference
Match facts from the BBC
- Nottingham Forest have not lost at home to Villa in the league since a 2-1 Premier League defeat in January 1995.
- Villa, who won 2-1 home to Forest in September, have not achieved a league double over the Reds since the 1992/93 Premier League campaign.
- Forest have failed to find the net in each of their past three league matches - their worst scoreless run since December 2011 when they went seven games without a goal.
- Robert Snodgrass has had a hand in nine goals in his past 12 league appearances for Villa four goals, five assists. He also scored one and assisted another in his only previous league match at the City Ground, for Leeds in November 2011.
- Forest have played seven matches against the current top six in the Championship this season and collected just one point.
- Vila captain John Terry spent the final two months of his debut season, 1999-2000, on loan at Forest. He did not end up on the losing side in six appearances.